Friday, December 19, 2014

A Simple Winter Skincare Routine + How To Wear No Makeup

by Maria 

Admittedly, I've been blessed with fairly clear skin. I deal with a few minor blemishes and breakouts every few weeks, but have never dealt with any severe skin problems. I have combination skin that dries out quite a bit in the winter, and have recently fallen in to a pretty simple, effective routine. 


The only products I use daily are witch hazel (a natural astringent, any brand will do, buy literally the cheapest one from the nearest drugstore), Egyptian Magic as an all-purpose sort of moisturizer, and original Noxzema Cream Cleanser. 

I cleanse with the witch hazel (and a cotton ball/pad) and moisturize with the Egyptian Magic when I wake up and before I go to bed. I usually bathe in the middle of the day (after class and before whatever I'm doing that evening) and cleanse with the Noxzema. I'll moisturize again after bathing. 

This certainly works for me as well as anything could, but nothing will prevent occasional breakouts if you're prone to them. That's nature. That's life. And I know it's difficult, but when you're having the Worst Skin Day Ever I'd absolutely recommend simply sticking to this routine (or whatever has proven effective for you) and forgo makeup altogether. I know. I know. You'll feel uncomfortable and self-conscious and a whole lot of other negative emotions the first few times you do it but you won't regret it when your skin clears up in half the time. 

I'd also recommend that you dONT TOUCH YOUR FACE throughout the ordeal and draw as much attention to your eyebrows as possible. Mascara is fine too. Keep your outfit fashionable but sleek and simple. Wear a cozy sweater you absolutely love. It'll all be over soon. No one will notice.





No comments:

Post a Comment