Monday, December 15, 2014

Music Monday: Travel Playlist + Reading Material



by Maria

Your semesters have probably ended, and you might be traveling today like me. I compiled a little playlist mostly for my own benefit but you're free to listen too. In addition, look for some recommended reading material under the cut.




(And I've started listening to Serial like everyone else and you probably have too)



As for reading material:
- If you haven't gotten around to reading my personal bible How to be Parisian Wherever You Are you should do it now

I don't really do fiction but after little creeping around the internet these titles piqued my interest and might do the same for you:
- On Such a Full Sea by Chang-rae Lee
- The Last Illusion by Porochista Khakpour
- The Wilds by Julia Elliot

Finally, if you couldn't resist paying for in flight wifi here are some favorite blog posts to browse from the last week or so :
Does Career Juggling Celebrate Creativity or Cause Anxiety? | Man Repeller 
10 Easy Steps to Looking More Photogenic | Who What Wear 
Most Valuable Business Lessons I've Learned in 2014 | Chapter Friday 
Accessorize Your Hair | The Wall/Elin Kling
Off Our Chest | Garance Doré
A Clean Face in 5 Steps | Afterdrk 


Also, don't pay for plane cocktails. Put your booze in a travel-sized (empty and thoroughly washed) makeup remover/toner/cleanser container and make your own damn vodka soda. The midwestern yoga mom in the aisle seat will judge you but your wallet will thank you.

Pleasant travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment